Call for Board Chair Applications
We are seeking applications for the WPO Board Chair position to execute the strategy of the WPO and help keep the WPO vibrant, innovative, and relevant.
If this speaks to you, we invite you to bring your energy, experience, and creativity to the table. Come and share your unique wisdom with a diverse group of problem solvers and help shape the future of an influential not-for-profit organization with global impact.
With upcoming rotations, we are seeking to widen our pool of eligible candidates for the 2024 Board Chair position. Please find the full Executive Brief HERE.
Below is the process for those who are interested and may qualify according to the following terms:
- Prior Board Chair experience is preferred, but not mandatory; however, governance board experience is required;
- Ability to attend at least four in-person/virtual and additional meetings as may be required on an ad hoc basis per year;
- Have availability between meetings for committee service or as needed by the Board;
- Give or get contribution of $2,500 per year to the WPO or WPO Foundation;
- Obvious enthusiasm for the WPO!
- We will also be taking into consideration that our total Board needs to be diverse in geography, ethnicity, and experience.
If joining the Board sounds exciting to you, please note the following process for making your formal application:
1. Review the nomination criteria and complete the WPO Board of Directors Candidate Application online HERE.
2. Attach your CV or a short bio to the application.
3. All applicants must submit two letters of recommendation along with a completed application.
All documents will be distributed to the Nominating Committee for evaluation.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email Sheretta Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org.